25 November 2007
The feeling of being back home, in Sing. I never knew it was such a great feeling. Since I travelled alone with my friends, teachers and my parents were far far away from me. However, in contrast, the feeling of leaving Tokyo was not such a great one. especially when one inspires to work in disneyland (looks at maria) and one wants to be with her love forever in disneyland (mocks at joanne xD). I, personally, felt that it was a great, fun-filled trip that can help one be more independent in the absence of one's parents. and therefore, this post, shall begin, on this epic adventure, away from home, far away in the heart of Japan, Tokyo.
Let the Journey begin!
19 NOV: MONDAYTook Japan Airlines and began on the journey to Japan at 2330hrs, Singapore time. People in my group were: Liwen, Clarice, Maria, Joanne and Debbie. The usual hugs and kisses to family members, and a group photo in Changi Airport. Received contact list. On top of our group, was Mr Cher's name... hang on 2 more people. Mdm Christine Chua and Mstr Zebedee Cher. Turned out to be his wife and son. Baby son in fact. Sat in between Vanessa and Clarice. Daidi-ed on the plane. Slept twice. Ate a meal of Fruits (with orange, pineapple and watermelon which tasted of honeydew, AND HONEYDEW), Porridge with preserved Vegetable and tamago, Soba, Apple Juice and some weird appetizers I can't remember. Woke up in the middle of the night with my whole mouth as dry as desert. waved to Maria and asked if I could get a drink, she told me to get air stewardess. I made several attempts to stop them, but all walked so fast and POOF in a flash, they were gone. on my 7th or 8th attempt, I got one to stop down and asked for a glass of Apple Juice. She came back after a few mins with a glass of apple juice. It didn't satisfy my thirst though, it made me hungry for more. Didn't watch any movie, eyes were too tired after staring at cards of Daidi and clarice's face. haha jkjk. gamed n reversi on the plane. Didn't PSP cause was too lazy to take out. Sleep in a weird position and awoke with aching backs, necks and limbs. Thank god i brought Subaru cushion along. It could've been worst. oh yeah I got something great to announce. THEVIDEO FOR UNDERSTANDING SAFETY PRECAUTIONS WAS DAMN FUNNY!! THERE WAS ONE PART THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO CONVEY THE MESSAGE THAT WE MUST NOT OVERLOAD THE BAGGAGE CABIN OR EVERYTHING WILL FALL. THAT'S DMAN FUNNY. ESPECIALLY THE PERSON'S EXPRESSION. ONE MORE WAS THE EMERGENCY PART WHERE PEOPLE WERE SLIDING DOWN AND RUNING FOR THEIR LIVES. SINCE THE PEOPLE WERE FAKE, THEIR HANDS STRETCHED OUT LIKE ZOMBIES. THEN I WAS LAUGHING AT UNLIMITED PEOPLE COMING DOWN. ok I should stop shouting. but seriously JAL video contained much more humour than those of SQ. I want the video man. OH YES! GOT IT
Was referring to 1:48/4:24. Just watch the whole thing. you wont regret it. ^^
20 NOV: TUESDAYTouched down in Japan at 7.00++am. Passport control was super packed cause of the new system. We're so unlucky. A couple of reporters from different companies. Maria seems to be in love with one of the reporters.xDDD This guy keeps repeating what he says. Seems to be a new reporter to me haha. There were photographers from different companies and the 3 photographers who carried so many cameras stood in a triangular formation on ladders to capture pictures with perspective. Then there was this weird sign stating that we should fill in the "front and backside" of the immigration card. backside is a funny word. I was terribly unlucky cause everytime I glanced at the instruction video, it was either in Korean, Japanese, or french. It was never english or chinese. and when I finally watched the english version, I was overjoyed, I had to say. After 2 hours of waiting, we finally got out of the passport control. Claimed our baggage, went to change stockings and thermal and all and exited Narita Airport. Once outside, whenever we talked go mists from out mouths. Which I thought was way cool. Boarded the bus, our tour guide was Ms Phing and Bus driver is Mr Sakamoto. Immediately made me think of Sakamoto from Ghost in the shell. That git I had to dump in my robot who took up a hell lot of space and then I couldnt board my robot to get health packs. ok enough about Ghost in the shell.
Next, we went to Asakusa Temple, which was supposedly the oldest place in Tokyo. Went shopping at Nakamise street. Nothing much interesting except food. So I bought a bag of sweets for all my friends , "Heavenly food", which was 人形焼 (ninkeiyaki). Which was a kind of pastry containing red bean. HOT RED BEAN. It's so super nice especially on such a cold day. Bought some rice crackers too. After shopping, went for lunch at some restaurant. Provided lunch. Normal Bento set. Except the Fried Green Pepper tasted way weird. Alot of Vending machines everywhere.
Supposedly, we had to go back to the hotel first. But since there was no time, we went to the workshop first. The super boring workshop. And cause we didn't sleep well on the plane, most of us fell asleep. greatest apologies to professor Emmet, but I've already tried my best to stay awake. The last 1 hour was fun cause he demonstrated stuffs, like the drums and the Yo~ Ho~ things. I kept repeating and Debbie keeps getting amused. xP.
After that, went hotel rest awhile and went SHOPPING. Didnt bought anything cause it was damn it boring. only bought some drinks cause I was out of drinks. Had dinner at this roadside store and luckily the waitress was chinese =D I love foooood. Except that everything we ate was either Ramen or udon. and that was 3k Yen off fundraising money D:, and plus Bernice's present. xB Went with Liwen to HMV while the other 4 went to shop for cosmetics =.= Then they got lost and hopefully, we met at some place. and went back to hotel. crapped around and went to liwen's room to play cards. Played donkey, daidi, 钓红鱼. =D
21 NOV: WEDNESDAYMt Fuji day =DD. Waked up damn early for breakfast and stuffs, then departed for Mt Fuji. Super cold there. stopped at the foot of Mt Fuji, went to toilet, which had a damn bloody map about which cubicles are free. lol. Bought Coffee and didnt realise was kopi-o. tasted weird. Mt Fuji 5th station was fun. No snow though. It was damn bloody cold. Had to hide in the shop most of the time. Bought more food. Took pictures. The journey down from 5th station made me car sick and therefore didn't eat much for lunch. Had to thank Maria for her motion sickness pill ^^. I let alot of people kope my food lor. Since they're hungry. Then made it to Kabukiza theatre by bullet train and subway... was it? I think so. The first story of the Earth spider was rather booring but at least I got the idea. Onnagatas seemed scary. The 2nd story, 3 theives named kischisa was better. On the bus back to the hotel, we were laughing at the brochure and saying who is who (like the green one is sharon xD) maria came over and we watched desperate housewives. Protector man turned out to be a phedophile. eww. die protector man. So that's about it.
22 NOV: THURSDAYalso known as Japan Youth day eve and the day when Joanne found love. I shall not continue on Joanne's love. go
http://www.tootnyx.co.nr/ to find out more ^^ Went on some rides like Haunted mansion, Racing thing, Star tours and carousel. Haunted mansion hologram very nice. Star tours was really cool. We spent like 9k yen on lunch for the lunchbox meal ^^ Spent lot of money on popcorn oso and bought alot of flavours. I think we're sot la. haha. It was really cold there especially after 4pm when it's dark. (it starts getting dark at 4pm =.=) and Watched alot of parades also. Sadly, I was hurrying after to take Cinderella's picture (she's my favourite disney princess =D), I lost my glove. D: Besides the parade and Peter pan, We saw Piglet, Eyeore, Captain Hook, Alice in Wonderland bunny, Cinderella's Fairy Godmother, Wendy and the 7 dwarfs! The 7 dwarfs damn cute lar march in one line. hehe. My fave is Dopey. Sorry Maria never go sit rollercoaster with you D: Sorry lar. Shopped alot also. I love my mickey mouse ear clips! Bought alot of stuff for the family =D After I made report about my glove the person said they could send it back to Singapore. For free. cool man. Collected a number of medallions also. After the whole thing, had Cup Noodle and popcorn party at Joanne's room. Watched some stupid shows. Began gossipping about Joanne and Peter Pan and Bernice and Enoch lol. DIdnt talk too much cause I went to sleep at 1am while they slept at what? 3am. lol. Eventually they finished the popcorn for me. Soda popcorn tasted real weird. Honey was the best I guess. I like my container =D. And so this marks the end of fundraising money.
23 NOV: FRIDAYQuite a simple day. Morning woke up, Final packing and stuffs. Clarice called Liwen and Joanne and unfortunately, they were still sleeping. So was late for breakfast. Rushed through it. Boarded bus a little late. Went to Imperial Palace, Tokyo Tower and this fabulous place for lunch. Cooked our own food. Maria and I got bullied by Liwen and Clarice D: Talked back to each other xD and stuffs. Did more shopping, and went to this shopping mall with DAISO! =DD Japan daiso sell cheaper than Singapore Daiso lor. 105 Yen nia. about 3/4 of singapore price. xD Bought more stuffs, then went aiport for flight home. Started about Maria and Reporter again. Tried to amuse Debbie with different sentences usage of "Zebedee". lol. on the plane, gamed abit, watched Hairspray and slept. Ate a nice meal of Tomato Fish, Salad, Chicken, Pudding and Apple juice (again =D) Touched down in Singapore early at 11pm++ Went home and slept =DD
Overall it's a nice trip lar. ^^ seeya~