
Initially, I was doing Quizzes. Then I felt bored of them ( too) so I decided to come up with this Book review instead. Everytime I read a storybook (which does not belong to the series I'm reading) I'll do a review here, so it's sort of like me, reccomending / unreccomending people to read that particular book.
Soo... the book featured to day is...
BAD BLOOD by RHIANNON LASSITER
Basically the story revolves around the family. A family made up of 2 families really. The father, is Peter, and his wife, Anne became mentally ill and died. The mother, is Harriet, who is divorced. So these 2 parents remarried again, and brought along with them, their children. Peter's 2 kids are thirteen-year-old Katherine and ten-year-old John. Harriet's 2 kids are sixteen-year-old Roley and fifteen-year-old Catriona.
So, Cat and Kat are always fighting and stuff. So Harriet and Peter one day received an invitation to live in Peter's late wife, Anne's old house, known as Fell Scar. The family decided to go there for a vacation, the few main reasons being to bond the family.
Weird things start to happen when the family arrives. Including random appearances by a doll called Delilah, with hair divided into 3 sections: blonde, black and brunette. Besides the doll, Katherine found some children books, where Character names have been crossed out, and an old notebook, titled "THE MAKE-BELIEVE GAME"
Inside, there's a great poem and I've decided to write it out here:
Names crossed out cannot be spoken-
A character dead is a story broken,
Every sacrifice must cost;
You can't recover what's been lost.
Stolen words must be spent,
Borrowed power can't be lent.
The name-eater must be fed,
By the living or the dead.
So, what greatly intrigues me is that, this book is filled with so much imagination. Plus, you can't really get the plot because of all this information written out in rhymes and stuff. So it kinds of spurs you on to read more. However, it's not that type hard-to-put-down type. For me, it's not very scary, except for the Delilah parts O:
I'd rate this book 7/10 and I suggest all fantasy-fiction lovers to read this great book. I've also been inspired to read more books from this same author.

