
Ok here's another book review for all. According to amazon, Customers buy this book along with Rhiannon Lassiter's Bad Blood (aka my previous book review) so... featuring...
CAN YOU HEAR ME by PENNY KENDAL
Recently, I'm reading alot of Ghost Stories. So this is basically, about a girl, Leah, who lives in this house. Apparently, their house is somewhat like a "construction site" as Leah's Dad wanted to work and build a house from scratch.
Leah always thought the house was spooky, eerie and stuff. And one day, she finally heard a boy crying "can you hear me?" over and over again. She responded to the boy, and let's say they sort of became friends, where Leah showed him many modern stuff as he died somewhere in the 1970s.
Besides the ghost, her Dad found many things belonging to the previous owner of the house. Mainly some old, damp and stinky clothes, and a math excercise book. Eventually, Leah finds out that the ghost goes my the name of MARK and the plot continues where Leah tries to find out the truth of Mark's death.
Between chapters, there are also flashbacks of Mark's memories and what happened when he was alive. However, what I didnt like about the book was the plot being a little too short, and everything seemed to happen in such a rush, leaving the reader with no space of imagination. So, if you're a reader who likes to read some parts, get the clues, and figure things out, I guess this won't be the book for you! On the other hand, if you're like me, reading this book just for leisure (or to be specific, while waiting for books in other series to be published), I assure you, it would be the best appetizer.
Alright I should stop here, to avoid any spoilers.
Finally, I rate this 6.5/10 Since it's not as good as Bad Blood ( if I were to compare) and much much shorter. But it's definitely worth a read.

