
Today, is 8th august 2008.
Many events taking place around the world, I'm sure.
A few that I'm aware of...
HAPPY ASEAN DAY
HAPPY BEIJING OLYMPICS DAY
fun.
Today I wasn't as pissed but I had a totally weird dream.
First, I dreamt that I was a bird kid. I - Had - Wings. They were a light, pale, brown. Feathers were stiff and flexible at the same time. So I was trying to escape some prison - like flat. I had this ability of turning my wings invisible. So I escaped, flew out, jumped out of the building and flew while the person was out. I had some cuts on my arms and face but I didn't care. Flying was indeed fun.
Then, I found myself at some open area - a great place to land. However, some celebration was taking place. Had to be National Day. I landed behind a big tree, and tried to get away discreetly but failed. This herd of people grab me and pushed me on the stage to give a National Day Speech. I was like thinking WHAT THE HECK?! but anyway, it was an impromptu speech.
So I stared at the audience ( wings invisible) and they stared back. Quite annoyed. So I started with some lame sentence like " Greetings, citizens of the republic of Singapore. Happy National Day. Today we celebrate 43 years of nationhood."
They stared at me and yawned.
I continued with some stupid ideas " So, we all know that this year's theme is Celebrating the Singapore Spirit. Right? Alright, let's think about what the Singapore Spirit really means. Well, there are many examples. Firstly, there's the smoking-in-the-kopitiam-right-under-the-non-smoking-sign incident. It reflects badly on us, don't you think?"
That received alot of groans. Especially from old uncles.
"Uh... what about taking alot of food in a buffet even though we know really well we can't finish it all?" I tried again.
Failed drastically. Everyone was moaning and cursing straight in my face now.
Whether I got beaten up by the public or got captured again, I didn't find out since I awoke with the stupid alarm.
Celebration was ok today la. The join-hands-connect-sg thing. Quite lame. we didnt even know when it started / ended. dumb.
I can sync better with Jolene now. yay. haha.
Ciao

