
not green, not red, not yellow, but BLUE!
haha. lameness. I'm a bit post concert lunacy after last night's concert. Abby and I arrived a little late, but we still got the gist of the concert :D
My favourites, were:
Toraundot - for it's majesticness (lol)
Fiddler on the roof - for all the sudden loud chords
Charming Asia - for all the cool tunes (especially wang fei hong and Sakura!!)
Notre Dame - for the wonderful tubular bells and bass drums?
Little Mermaid - for the funky under the sea arrangement
Beauty and the Beast - I LOVED ALL THE TUNES I TELL YE. LOL
Doraemon - for the dance (LOL)
Do-Re-Mi - for the jazziness (well it's some what like themes and variations?)
RHAPSODY IN BLUEEE!!
yeah loved that the most. Abi claims that it brings her into Nodame land and I sorta have to agree. The clarinet, Saxophone, Oboe, Piccolo and trumpet solos were AMAZING. Clarinet solo was from the original version. However, the saxophone cum oboe thingy was transcribed from piano ( I think ) and Piccolo solo? never heard of, but still pretty amazing. In addition, all the trumpet solos all sound damn good. The tone and all. Very nice. I'm pretty much astonished at how short it is. from a 16min work, it is shortened to like... 6 mins? wow.
Some comments. I thought the percs were kinda too loud ( or maybe it was because I was sitting a little too near to them...) and kinda overpowering. The encore songs were perfect la, btw :DD It was a super good concert. Maybe I'll come back next year! haha.
Ok I'm going to Hwa Chong Alumni concert soon. Shall stop here (:

