
Can you believe it?
Chinese Os are just tmr and I'm here bloggin. If I screw this up, I can forget about going to ACJC.
But yet, I'm blogging for a few pathetic reasons. (and hey I'm not even bloggin in chinese)
Firstly, I just finished reading this awesome book so I figured I should do a review it deserves. (I read teen inc too. it's good, but not good enough, and im lazy, so no review for that. though the plot was interesting. The whole thing was a bit... exaggarated, and probably the outcome of a too imaginative author. haha)
(beware. long title haha)
The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy & Gothgirl by BARRY LYGA
(probably the biggest picture I can get for book cover)
Ok review time.
See, besides some sick scenes ( I think there are like three but I survived!) and the not-very-extensive use of vocabulary, I think this is a great book.
Basically, it's about this boy who's crazy over comics ( or rather he calls them GRAPHIC NOVELS) and he's writing one, known as Schemata (which I won't drone on about. read the book yourself. I wont spoil it for you). He tries to publish it by going to a comic convention, and searching for a writer. However, the writer, Bendis doesn't even LOOK at the portfolio and just well, ignores him.
He's a really smart boy actually, and gets bullied by the jocks and this dude Mitchell Frampton that punches him on the shoulder and bruises him. Brutal man. My favourite part was the part with the sea turtles thing. Classic. And... well in between, he meets this "Goth girl" known as Kyra. and he also has this Awesome friend, Cal.
In many ways, I can relate to this book (except the whole sick parts and crazy bullying parts). Well, for one, I'm crazy over my music stuff. Like Piazzolla, or Rachmaninoff, or Schoenberg. that type of thing. AND, I bet no one in my class has managed to understand my great Relativism thing.
Not trying to brag or anything, but I think I'm the least few weirdo freaks that even bothers to compose outside class (and I'm talking about full scale, piano works) They're not very awesome yet. Maybe graded for Grade 4 or 5? So there you have it, I'm just your average weirdo freaky geeky music worship-er. lol.
Enough about me. I'm digressing too much.
Mainly I think this book is worth a read, and I'd rate it 6.5/10
Ok that was the review.
Second thing.
I can't believe I got AWARDS. HAH. Oh remember that good service award thing. I crapped and actually.. ahem... got it. But it's nothing really, they're giving it out like freebies (according to lovable BAABAA haha).
I got best performance for Higher Music too. Not going to brag again. I'm really not that awesome. But I'll just pen it down as a memory. I've been eyeing it since sec1 actually. and there it is. I hope the give money and I can use it to buy my trumpet. But fat hope. The school's poor enough. The most they'd spend it on lamination of certs.
Third thing.
DAD'S ADDICTED TO WAHJONG ON VIWAWA.
Serious. The first night, he played until 1am, 2am.
Second night, he leveled up to level 4 (and I'm only level 3 after playing for a few months?)
I have a feeling he'd be level 5 today, by hook or by crook. BUT HE CANT. He has to guide me for Chinese Os haha.
I should brag about him
MY DAD IS AWESOME CAUSE HIS CHINESE IS AWESOME. WHEEEE. I'M PROUD TO HAVE HIM AS A FATHER. YEAHHHH!!
That should do.
He's not like Prince Phillipe in Princess Diaries, or Louis in August rush, but he's awesome. :D
Off to studyyy and mug with 读者 (btw, Wenyi writes wonderful 记叙文)

