
That's what I do during holidays I guess, rot and waste my life away.
Maybe it's because of the stress from the whole Bratislava competition. Whatever. I don't know.
But after that. I promise to do all my homework and not waste my life like now. I haven't even bought my sec4 books yet, can you believe that? Oh god.
At least I'm learning new stuff from photoshop, Like creating this uber cool wallpaper:
and, I'm hosting my own Deviant art contest though, I'm not sure how great it will turn out.
I'm sure I have to complete more compositions, if I want to pass my MEP O levels. But I just don't have the drive to do it.
A few musical dreams I'd like to share though.
Aeroplane - Joplin
I'm fully aware that there is indeed no such work by joplin. anyway, This dream was rather fantastic. I was playing a piano with some other dude actually. The score was propped infront of me, and I was playing the Primo part. As in all dreams, the score was a blurrr. There were alot of glissandos, mostly I can remember.
The song started with a passage of running notes from the secondo, right down to the low low bass notes. Then, I entered with a C7 chord. and secondo just harmonised itself, according to whatever chords I played. Secondo added the cool syncopated rhythms and it sounded 100% like one of Joplin's works. However, I don't see the link between the song and Aeroplane (just like how I don't see the link between Maple leaf rag and Maple leaves).
It was a pretty cool song, I'd have to say.
La Campanella - Paganini
This one's slightly different, considering the fact that the piece is truly existent. Well, it all started with a dance competition. Somehow my group was in the top 4 (heck?) and then we didn't prepare anything. So the group leader (I forgot who) was giving out instructions and steps and I wasnt following. And I did some crap moves and made a fool of myself (like spinning on the ground heck?!)
Then the scene changed and suddenly I was holding my dear violin, and I started playing Paganini's La Campanella. I swear I've never tried it in life before (and I've only heard liszt's piano version before), but it just worked. (like how I played 落叶归根 in my previous violin dream. But that was before I bought my violin) I think it was a transposed version, since the key was in A minor (chicken). The real stuff shouldn't be A minor. I think it was F#. But anyway, I tried it out the next day.
I sorta closed my eyes and my brain just controlled both my hands the way it did in the dream and blimey, it actually worked. Again. I completed one whole phrase of La Campanella, with no wrong notes. No sharp or flat. And believe it or not I don't even have official Violin lessons.
I ought to get inspiration from the Aeroplane thing I guess, but it refuses to come to my mind. I think it's cause I can't remember the chord progressions at all. A complete waste.
I've also come to realise that my inspirations come from dreams, mainly. Since if I have a mental image of this stuff, I'll bring it to live, most likely.

