
Hello earthlinks
I'm back in sin.
and guess what? I did a statistic check and apparently, the 29th of nov post got like 31 hits. Hot.
Shanghai was amazing.
Sometimes I feel that I'd rather be in a... uh, all chinese country.
The main point of me coming here, is not to do the trip thing. It's for me to do an author review.
The 3 great and interesting books I've read by him.
I feel a little bad about not featuring rick riordan, another great author I know, but maybe I'll do it next time.
SCHOOLED
Rather interesting plot.
It's about a boy (Capricon Anderson, aka Cap) who lives with his Grandma (Rain). He's been home schooled since young, since they live in sort of a... Hippie Society (which means Cap's house has no TV, telephone, and he's very familiar with the Beatles, and he himself, has long, messy hair, and wears clothes made out of corn husks? You get the idea. Imagine FARMS) So, one day, Rain fell (lol. no pun intended) and had to be sent to the hospital. That's when Cap experiences his life in public school for the first time.
So, in that school, there's sort of this tradition where the so called "student president"will actually be the clown of the year and gets bullied by the rest of the students. The students found Cap such a joke that they actually sabotaged him and entered his name. Since he was the only person that entered, he was automatically elected the president.
and, there was this whole thing about his first task being, to learn ALL the names of the 1000++ students at the school.
Then, there was this thing about Cap ( a thirteen year old kid) driving a bus, and sending the bus driver (who had a heart attack) to the hospital.
And suddenly, he was the best president ever, and the post didn't seem like such a joke any more.
Well, if you'd like to read more, go borrow from the library. It's quite an awesome book. rated 7.5 / 10
SON OF THE MOB SERIES
another book with an interesting plot by Korman.
This two books deal with a seventeen / eighteen year old kid (Vince Luca) who happens to be the son, of the mob.
His dad (anthony luca or otherwise known as Honest abe luca) runs a vending machine business (which really isnt about vending machines, really). So his dad, has many henchmen, who are involved in loan sharking, bookies, and strip clubs (errr?). and while the more Vince wants NOT to be involved, the MORE he becomes involved.
Anthony Luca is a great man really, don't get me wrong.
In the first book, it so happens that Vince happens to like a girl (Kendra Bightly), whose father is an FBI agent, who has the Lucas house bugged, and has been trying for Aeons to put Anthony Luca in Jail.
I think it's rather cool that the couple claimed themselves has "modern day romeo and juliet" (don't worry none died in the end)
The second book however, I found more captivating.
Vince and Kendra split up as they go to college, with Kendra majoring in Piano and Vince majoring in film studies.
It so happens that Vince's roomate (Trey Sutter), is the son of a congressman (William Sutter)
It's pretty weird that Vince always gets mixed up with these... "famous people" while his dad is a rather notorious dude. So anyway, two more great books by Korman, once again.
Before I sign off to do homework, I'll rate this book 8/10.
certainly another page turner

