
Dispute between chinese girl and indian photocopying man:
G: Photocopying services?
M: (walks out)
G: (Opens 读者 to the page)
M: Sorry I can't photocopy any books cause it's copyrighted (points to sign where everything is stated. Note: no photocopying for copyrighted material only covers 1/6 of the sign)
G: Yeah it's not a book. it's a magazine.
M: (takes 读者 flips in desperate attempt to fine the copyright statement, only to reailse it's 99.9999% Chinese print. lol) I'm sorry, but it's against Singapore law to photocopy copyrighted material.
G: (thinks: yeah and you didn't find any copyright on it) It's not even a Singaporean magazine.
M: No. still cannot.
G: Fine. Bye. (walks off)
The irony:
90% of the photocopying shops would happily accept photocopying such stuff. Even ABRSM pieces. So why is it that this shop just plainly refuses to run this form of business?
1. They already charge damn expensive. $0.20 per copy if you're copying between 1 - 24 copies. $0.10 per copy if you're copying 50 and above. It doesnt even go to $0.05. It's like 4 times of most photocopy shops. Of course it's convenient, but still, the cost is out of hand.
2. Maybe they're already doing illegal businesses of some kind?
And thus, I'm temporarilly unable to hand in my 阅读集成 until maybe after monday recess. When I get the school bookshop to photocopy.

