
I just had a hunch that my life would be incomplete if I didn’t post this! haha
So yeah, got to school early (not super early, there are other CCAs that come earlier) to jog, change, make up and warm up.
ABI FINALLY HANDED OVER RIBBONS! HAHA.
Yeah we all got ready in time and while we got ready, Ms Lim made us do warm ups. Which is, kind of cool. It’s like voices erupting from various parts of the room… and I’m still quite sad that I can’t scream super shrilly and high. D:
Then Mrs Goh came in to sort of have a little pep talk with us and told us we sounded good, just go do our best, and we all looked really pretty and of course, not forgetting the ever famous quote by Mrs Goh I’ve heard over the years, “When St Nicks is at its best, no one comes close”
It’s quite a blessing that we are the first choir, cause we get to set the standard and people will compare the next choirs to us. Got bus-ed to VCH ard like 7.30? yeah, even SANG on the bus just to practice and I was checking for flatness / sharpness infront. Haiyo, A1s ah, worry me so much >8( But in the end you all did ok, so ok lor. haha SNCHOIR FTW!
Had some practice outside and Pomlad / Jesen ain’t in very good shape / in tune/ stable. Then we went to the Terrace for our 10 min practice and pulled it off quite nicely (probably because of the acoustics). Hazel led a prayer among Altos and then we’re off.
Waited backstage quite awhile, cause the judges aren’t ready yet (gah! lol) and everyone got anxious. People started sending down the usual messages like “smile”, “remember to keep the same distance between the person infront when walking”, “hold up gown on leftside”, “walk quietly” that type of thing. Then eventually someone got irritated and went “Pass down: stop passing messages!!” which was quite hillarious. The last few minutes, everyone just calmed themselves down, and got ready for the performance.
Then we went on.
White horses was quite energetic at Alto side, I felt. We were galloping like never before (WOOHOO HIPPOCAMPI!)!! hahaha. Pomlad I felt went a little flat at the beginning, but managed to get in tune (I think) when we went on to Jesen. na po ti tej part, um sop 1s… a little bit out of tune, but luckily other sections not very affected. It was really rich, really GREEN. YES. GREEN. I’VE NEVER EXPERIENCED JESEN WITH SUCH LUSH GREENERY BEFORE!! It was probably the best attempts ever. Then essassa, was relatively fun. There were bursts of colour everywhere. Red, orange, yellow, just blending into each other, like some abstract oil painting. At random times, I experienced some black, but don’t worry, it adds to the effect. The contrast and all. And we really ended off rather well, I felt.
I shan’t comment on the other choirs after us, since I don’t have the right to, but I’ll say “good job everyone" to all the participating choirs ;D
Didn’t return for the results, but heard that TKGS sang Itsuki rather well (CONGRATS!) and yeah, eventually, we pulled off with a Gold – With – Honours. Whether well deserved or not, that’s up to you to decide ;)
Anyway, yeah it was the effort of every single dude in Choir (probably apart from me la hahaha).
SNCHOIR ALL THE WAY ;) another milestone conquered. YEEEEAAAHHHHH!!! >8D

