
Hello dudes.
Going to see Popo with Kavis later
Anyway…
2 INSPIRING ARTISTES THAT I ADMIRE & LOVE:
1. Coldplay
I’m sure many of us know who coldplay is haha. Anyway, basically, I love them, not only for their music, but for their spirit! It seems to me that they don’t only create / make music just for the sake of money. Which is why I admire them. This can be supported by:
a."We wouldn't be able to live with ourselves if we sold the songs' meanings like that."
- Coldplay Vocalist/Pianist Martin
Evidence taken from Wikipedia.org:
Despite Coldplay's worldwide popularity, the band has remained protective of how their music is used in the media, refusing its use for product endorsements. In the past, Coldplay turned down multi-million dollar contracts from Gatorade, Diet Coke, and Gap, who wanted to use the songs "Yellow", "Trouble", and "Don't Panic" respectively.
b."You can make people aware of issues. It isn't very much effort for us at all, but if it can help people, then we want to do it."
- Coldplay Bassist Guy Berryman
Evidence taken from Wikipedia.org:
In the band's early years, Coldplay was also widely known in the media for their claim to give 10% of the band's profits to charity, which they continue to do. The band also asks that any gifts intended for them are donated to charity, according to a response on the FAQ section of Coldplay's website.
c. LeftRightLeftRightLeft
Evidence taken from Wikipedia.org:
On 1 May 2009, the band announced on their official website that they would be giving away a live CD, entitled LeftRightLeftRightLeft, at the remaining concerts of their Viva la Vida tour. The album is also available as a free download from their website beginning 15 May 2009. The nine tracks were recorded at various shows during the tour.
2. Nightwish
Hmmm… Nightwish doesn’t seem to be known to many. They’re this super cool symphonic rock band that I admire and love. Their creation of music is just beyond belief (I mean, who would blend the use of a piccolo with an electric guitar?) They are also rather cool people (: and their lyrics are just beautiful.
a. Eva
Evidence taken from Wikipedia.org:
"Eva " is the first single of Finnish symphonic power metal quintet Nightwish's sixth studio album Dark Passion Play. All European income from this release will be donated to charity (Child Charity Foundation). The income from Finnish Internet sales will be donated to two children's homes in Finland.
So you see, even if you’re not a great great CEO of a Charity foundation or a volunteer worker, you can always go out of your way to help those in need. It’s a matter of whether you want to, and whether you have the right mindset, to begin with. There’s no lack of people to help (don’t complain that those volunteers and dudes are already in charge of this foundation so you don’t need to help them blah) because, currently, there’s 1 billion hungry people in the world.
And, if I were to become a musician, I’d like to be like Nightwish and Coldplay.

