
So… how long has it been since I last posted?
a week…
Wow many things have happened lately, like the incident of Yiing Huey’s flying chopsticks (xD) at Yoshinoya and something about our um… chay-kane friend (whose name we have discovered! MWAHAHA) yeah. On Friday, Huey, Jane & I came my house to watch PUSH and it was really nice ;) Old times… old times… hahaha. This morning’s kind of stupid. I kind of WALKED into a spiderweb and my ankles were all sticky D8< Math test and Chinese was okay. So here’s something before I go MIA to mug.
MUSIC TOP 10!
10. Back Home – Westlife
Yeah. Sure they have nice voices (feehily!! :D) but then to me, these songs get boring after awhile. The songs that I really liked were “Home”, “Us Against The World”, “Something Right” and “The Easy Way”. Let’s say the other 8 songs weren’t that good. I feel that they were rather repetitive in terms of style. So, number 10 for you.
9. Never Gone – Backstreet Boys
Now.. this is slightly better than the previous album, reason being that all the songs here have their own styles and are rather catchy. You’ll actually feel the beat and want to dance to them. My only complain would be “Siberia” as being too draggy. Akin to Westlife, though These songs are better, you can’t listen too much to them as they too, get boring after awhile.
8. High School Musical 3 Soundtrack
I would say that this soundtrack is DEFINITELY 100000 times better than the previous ones. The songs are more heart – pounding and forward driving. Based on its style, I would say that the chord progressions are unique and still, pleasant to the ear. My complain would be Vanessa Anne Hudgen’s vocals in the various songs she has with Zac Efron (whom I don’t really fancy either). However, there are nice songs such as “A night to Remember”, “I want it all” and “Senior Year Spring Musical” to compensate for the shril voice.
7. いま、会いにゆきます by 松谷卓
Now. This one’s a particularly queer soundtrack. The theme is repeated a couple of times but I like the use of instruments in this one. More specifically, how percussion was made use of. It’s a very heartwarming Soundtrack from a Japanese movie that you will like to listen to. A word of caution though, it gets boring after awhile.
6. Les Choristes Soundtrack
A really good soundtrack consisting of 21 awesome tracks. It is understandable that most soundtracks base their tracks on a particular theme, however this has it based on 4 themes, namely “Voir Sur Ton Chemin”, “In Memoriam”, “Carresse sur L’ocean” and “Cerf – Volant” I really love how the various themes were varied in so many different ways. Mainly, instrumentation was kept simple with conventional instruments such as the Oboe, Clarinet and Flute. It was a really great effort, and this track is definitely worth it.
5. November Rain Single – Guns N’ Roses
I agree that this is a really old album. But I love how the music is arranged in “November Rain” The great use of instruments and especially the last few minutes where there is an abrupt change in tempo to grab the people’s attention, sounding much like a march. And then, the various tonicisations from Major to Minor in the Electric Guitar solo. “Sweet Child O’ Mine” is another Song you would like to listen out for in this single. It starts with a catchy Guitar Solo, and yeah, basically the melody’s catchy… but it gets boring after awhile, unlike “November Rain”. As for “Patience”… it’s a slower Song and not really my type I guess.
4. Eragon Soundtrack
Need I explain more? This soundtrack is one of the best I’ve ever heard. Something you will never get bored of. Patrick Doyle is a genius really. “The Battle of Varden” totally describes the epic movie scene really well. How Eragon battles Durza… How Saphira soars in her battle armour and how they put up a fight against all the gruesome urgles. “The Battle of Varden” might be a whole 10 minutes long, but it really consists of various different sections that link together very coherently. The use of Hemiola is very prominent, and very appropriate to create a forward drive in battle. Plus it features “Once in Every Lifetime” by Jem and “Keep Holding On” by Avril Lavigne. Definitely a twist to the orchestral pieces.
3. X&Y by Coldplay
I probably should advance to stuff like “Viva La Vida” or “LeftRightLeftRightLeft” but I guess X&Y made a great impact on me. I love the singer’s voice, basically and how it all sounds old school and stuff. It reminds me roughly of “Take on Me” by Aha from the 80s. The songs are great basically… however I don’t really fancy tracks such as “Fix you” and “What If”. Sure, “Fix You” makes use of the organ, which is kinda cool, but both songs are rather draggy for my taste. My Favourites equate to “Talk”, “Low”, “White Shadows” and “Speed Of Sound”. “Til Kingdom Come” is rather unplugged and different compared to the other tracks and the chords are relatively simple, with the whole verse sustained with a Chord I and all the chords used are mostly I, IV, VI, V. This is a great contrast to all the other rather electro and Alt rock. tracks. great work.
2. August Rush Soundtrack
Another wonderful soundtrack where it features many singers. I especially love the mix of classical with rock in “Bach / Break” and “Elgar / Something” Inside. And who knew Jonathan Rhys Meyers could sing so well? “This Time” was a really great song sung by him. Plus there are many cool guitar tracks featuring Kaki King and even an orchestral work featuring many interesting instruments such as Sirens and Cowbells… “August’s Rhapsody” by Mark Mancina. Like I said, many Singers were Featured, for example in “Raise It up”, “Someday” by John Legend, and “La Bamba” by Leon Thomas III. An Album you would never get bored listening to.
1. Dark Passion Play – Nightwish
My attention to this album has already been captured by the first track “The Poet and the Pendulum”. It was a perfect blend of Orchestral and Metal influences and what is referred to as Symphonic Gothic Rock. Then, came “Bye Bye Beautiful”. It ain’t that great when I first heard it but as I listened to this album a couple more times I figured that it gets better and better and I begin to appreciate more. Anette’s voice is wonderful when doubling Marco in “The Islander”. There are various tracks you will love in this album, some being “The Poet and the Pendulum”, “Bye Bye Beautiful”, “Amaranth”, “Eva”, “The Islander”,“Last of the Wilds” and “Meadows Of Heaven”. “Master of Passion Greed” I found was too heavy for me but maybe Heavy metal lovers out there will appreciate it. The other songs I find were kind of draggy, especially “Sahara” and “Seven days to the wolves”. While “Sahara” started off rather well, the abrupt change in tempo was too much and it starts to bore me. “Last of the Wilds” is an awesome instrumental track that features fiddles, pipes and many other cool stuff. Have fun listening!

