
Successfully cleared my books and giving all of them to my juniors & cousins. It comforts me that these workbooks (that are like in mint condition), TYS and textbooks would extend their lifetime by about 1 – 3 years. And I cleared out my files too (except for sciences & MEP cause I couldn’t bear to!) and I had this gigantic stack of papers (even after salvaging the reusables I have like 2 plastic bags FULL of paper) I wanted to bring down to sembcorp recycling plant myself to ensure that these papers are recycled but I couldn’t seem to find the right place… So I’ll hand it to Karang Guni (and make some money but that’s not the point)
It also hurts me to see how much papers we’ve generated. Multiply that by the entire school population of about 1600 people and we’d most probably killed a forest. Multiply that by how many Secondary, Primary schools, JCs, Polys, in Singapore and all the countries in the world and I estimate about the destruction of two kalimantans. If not for people out there doing their part in afforestation, reforestation and people recycling, I doubt we would live to this day and still have paper available. It especially pains me when we are told to buy workbooks and Teachers don’t even care to use them. I’m grateful for not buying the Sec 4 ss workbook this year.
So, I implore all of you to recycle your waste paper instead of setting them on fire yourselves (and probably enjoying the pleasure and causing air pollution) Please spare a thought for the environment… for our resources…
FOR YOURSELVES!

