
Sweeney Todd (the OST, not the slit-throat dude cause that would be creepy) lulled me to sleep last night. I don’t even think I got past “The Worst Pies in London”. Anyway, apart from that, I feel like shit now. I know I keep saying I feel like a trainwreck, because I really do. I felt like the train ran over me twice or thrice and I’m drained of all my strength I don’t even want to talk to anyone. Ah screw you, person who made me sick, what potent virus is this!
Today is a better day to miss school I guess, as compared to Monday. Cause there’s piano class on monday and that art essay for GP. I really hope I do well for art, because I suddenly feel like I can do art. I could always switch back to technology and all the geog stuff, but it’s just so… boring. Art actually makes me feel motivated to write about, because it’s something I actually understand. Not so much on the literature part, but the music, yeah. I spent like 3/4 of a page discussing about Haydn’s use of form in Symphony No. 104… am I glad I learnt it for O levels. Then, I went on to talk about Berlioz’s Symphonie Fantastique, and how he manages to turn the Dies Irae, a simple gregorian chant, into something so amazing in the fifth movement through the use of the Klangfarbenmelodie. I guess I should have elaborated more about how the melody was alternated between the violins and the chimes, but the sentence just seemed too long. lol. Oh and the Dies Irae was also in Hunchback of Notre Dame! Alan Menken is a true genius. He kind of like separated the tune from the lyrics. Like the lyrics were sung to a whole new, different tune, and he incorporated the dies irae tune in like the lower brasses. Omg what geniosity (if there’s even such a word)
Ahh I love music really too much. If I have no one to marry in the future, I would marry music. Why am I even speaking of this, there must be something really wrong with my brain.
So I guess I’ve come back to blogging, I really hope I can keep up with it, because I feel like there’s a need to jot down my memories here… it’s like a pensieve? I’m going down to see the doctor soon.

