
I know I haven’t been here in a long time, and I guess most of it is attributed to how much I’ve grown really since I began blogging. I used to complain like hell, and now it’s like I don’t even bother anymore. I’ve kinda mastered this selective emotion thing where I will only feel emotions I want to feel.
Anyway, that’s not the purpose of this post.
In fact I will be dedicating this post to the love of my life, music. I feel that I’m extremely lucky and I should be really grateful to be presented with such an array of opportunities to hone my music talents. From one instrument to the next, I’ve truly grown and learned alot. I learnt the basics of musicianship from piano, through guitar I was taught to be more sensitive to chords and pick them up by ear, choir trained my pitching abilities (no I do not have perfect pitch in case you’re wondering, though I wish I did), and picking up the trumpet was a real challenge of muscle coordination.
The coming week will be one filled with music. In 5 days, I will be performing once again on stage, showcasing Ravel this time round, and in 9 days, I will be faced with my very first concert band SYF (probably my last syf too). I’m not that affected by the recital, since I’m quite prepared, nonetheless, I will go up on stage, and I will play like Richter. I will put myself in the shoes of Ravel, and I will immerse myself in the fairy tale realm. Rather, SYF is the more intresting event. After having attained 2 GwHs with Choir, I think I might have been brainwashed to believe that SYF is truly about results. I guess the way I was taught in SNChoir was that no matter what, we must pia damn hard for our GwH, if not it would be a let down and we will cry like mad. In HCBand, the experience, gave me alot to think about. To me, SYF is really all about experience. It’s about doing your best with your CCA mates, and trying your hardest, and being a part of everything. RIght now, what I’m feeling is that, I don’t really care about results anymore. Results is not what motivates me to do better and to take part in SYF. Rather it’s all about experience and everything I will get to go through as a band member. All I want to do is work my hardest, and perform my best. If we get GwH, then it’s sort of, hmm I don’t know, a bonus? a byproduct? For me, the main achievement would be all our sweat that went into SYF. If we don’t, then there’s nothing to cry over, either, because I know I would have really performed my very best without regrets.
I want to go out there, I want to share my music with the world. I want to play like I’m Brent Grapes, and I want to blow people’s minds into scrambled eggs.

