
Omg. so many things has happened since my last post.
I guess I shall start with National Day Celebrations at school.
National Day Celebration & Aman’s birthday (:
National Day brought back so many fond memories of last year. I remembered playing for the weird YOG thingo last year… and also going to film section farewell video with section batchmates ^^ Ahh… those were the days~ J1 doesn’t seem so long ago… suddenly. So… well, compared to how fun (and lame) YOG celebrations were last year, National day was kinda crappy this year. The outdoor showcase by HCIMB was good, despite some slips and weird changes to SG Flyer. LOL. But… that was probably the only positive thing worth mentioning in the entire celebration (and no I’m not being jealous here) well at least I got to study org. chem during the celebrations LOL.
After that, I had some mono deal fun with band peeps! and then left to prep stuff for Aman’s birthday ^^ we ended up treating her to jack’s place. And omg Tongzh and I coincidentally wore a Cookie Monster and Elmo shirt respectively! XD So um there was alot of camwhoring and Sam’s red velvet cake was a stunner. I figured that since Aman was born on national day… so I gave her a red notebook (also because I kinda had a recollection that she mentioned she liked the colour red) WHICH SHE LIKED It really rocks to see people like stuff that you make. And so we hung around abit before going home… and I went to mug with mak XD
National Day
So my section went abit crazy since we kind of missed National Day last year and started feeling nostalgic. So we decided to hang out and mug and go watch FIREWORKS~ Well sadly, LiTing couldn’t come and YuZhen had to give the fireworks display a miss )’: Other than that, we camwhored ALOT at the railway before embarking on the journey to the floating platforms. We have so many more pretty pictures to add to our collection of really pretty pictures! yay The railway is a truly amazing place >) Eventually we hopped on the bus and made our way there… and there was a hell lot of confusion taking MRTs here and there. It was almost close to 8.00 so once we were out of the train, we SPRINTED THE ENTIRE WAY THERE. Holy I haven’t sprinted in so long it was kinda like parkour and kinda fun XD Then we met up with some boarding school peeps and um kinda SQUEEZED our way into some NUSSU booked place. The security guard (or whatever) was kinda annoyed at all the people pushing so he was all snarky and like “DON’T PUSH OR I WON’T LET YOU IN.” HAHAHAHA. The fireworks were pretty (as usual) there were so many different colours (d to d transitions HAHAHA) and all the sparkly stuff are so beautiful. I think it rocks to be Aman / Pau cause the nation celebrates your birthday with FIREWORKS AND AIR POLLUTION.
Then we went for dinner and bubble tea with Box and ZIqian and did alot of spastic things. Lol. Still, band people rock. we are like so awesome XD
Pau’s birthday!
Omg Pau’s birthday was so epic. IT ALL BEGAN WITH THE CREATION OF AN EPIC PAU LOOK-ALIKE CAKE THAT SPANNED OVER 2 NIGHTS. Holy. It was probably one of the more creative baked creations I had ever done. Boj’s idea of using a mixing bowl to bake the cake and then overturn it worked so well. well the top fell apart :x but wrapping it with plastic wrap and freezing it for a day salvaged the situation ^^ It was my first time making a spongecake (boston cream pie recipe! ) and I’m so glad it turned out so well. of course, I added my own touches like adding vanilla extract… filling the middle with strawberry glazing gel… shaping it like a pau with white whipped cream and lastly, red food colouring for the signature pau dot. It was so beautiful! I seriously have to make more cakes like this. I guess the fun in baking is not only about just making a tasty cake… but also embarking on creative ventures in decorating a cake like this one.
We had a blast prepping for pau’s birthday celebration. The journey to KAP was rocky with obstacles and zomg yuzhen fell D: But well, at least Bobo had a cake or it would be a DISASTER. The size of the cake was just right for our 8 man strong section and I’m pretty glad everyone finished it in about 3 bites. LOL. IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME :’) I should totally consider baking as a career. LOLOLOL.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME
HEHE so many things happened on my birthday! It was as good as, if not better than Last year! And zomg I can’t believe I’m 18. I don’t feel instantly different though… I still feel like the silly kid I’ve always been xP
FIrstly, dad made me meesuah in the morning <3 and I was kinda rushing/ late for school. Then I saw Jane while walking in and went to talk to her. and I was kinda like “I THINK MY SECTION IS UP TO NO GOOD.” WHEN MY SECTION LITERALLY AMBUSHED ME FROM BEHIND AND BROKE INTO BIRTHDAYS SONGS. HAHAHAHA. I WAS SO SHOCKED ZOMG. BEST SURPRISE EVER LOVE YA TRUMPETS <3 Then it was the normal flag-raising… gifts from Zheng Yu and Yi Ying… and and and a celebration for Iris and I from fac comm!
So after assembly, I was getting ready to go when THE ENTIRE HCJC BAND BROKE INTO A BIRTHDAY SONG. ZOMG?!?!?!?!? I was like D< WHAT THE HELL!!! But awww thanks band I love y’all ^^ Everyone else heading towards class was like looking and I felt kinda embarrassed… and boj appeared with CAKE. THAT WAS GREEN. A GREEN TEA CAKE. We camwhored abit… cut the cake and had MORE GIFTS. O: They gave me a really posh, cute grey handbag and a GROW YOUR OWN CRYSTAL KIT (which I just began growing) zomg they know me so well!!! <333 aww I was kinda sad that the celebration was a little short… especially since it was mostly my fault for coming late )’: So I went to class with a plate of green tea cake (which tasted awesome btw… FIRST GREEN TEA CAKE I HAVE EVER EATEN AND I LOVE IT EVEN THOUGH I’M NOT A FAN OF GREEN TEA) and feeling extremely happy!
So. I had cake for recess… and spent econs reading all their awesome, heartfelt messages. The pictures are so pretty!!! I felt so loved! Next, after physics tutorial, I ate acy’s homemade cheesecake. ZOMG IT’S SO HEAVENLY AND COMPARABLE TO LIKE A STARBUCKS / COFFEE BEAN CHEESE CAKE and I shared it with people cause sharing is a really wonderful thing to do and it makes me happy when people are happy ^^ Soon after, I HAD MY CELEBRATION FROM SAM TONGZH AND AMAN. A FREAKING STRAWBERRY CUSTARD PIE LIKE THE ONE NED MAKES FROM PUSHING DAISIES <3 And it tasted BRILLIANT too. We handed out the pie to the class (more sharing ^^) and they gave me a gift… A FREAKING JAMIE OLIVER CREME BRULEE SET ._. and I only said I wanted ramekins. what the hell lol. So…. I have a blowtorch now. Apparently it was a joined effort from tongzh, sam, aman, nicholas and junyang. so thanks thanks thanks!
That was kinda about it after I went home with Jane! HOLY CRAP THANKS FOR HELPING ME LUG MY SPOILS OF WAR. But… the celebration does NOT STOP THERE.
Peach Party!
Hehe, well at least it started out as a Peach Party! But while waiting for Mak… we saw MX at the high school bus stop! and while boarding the bus, we saw TTW! So it became like a mini Fuchun gathering and we went for good food at Jack’s Place. Also we had a chance to catch up… discuss about our awesomeness and Mak, Jane and I decided on something kewl to do after As >8D IT’ll be like a one day affair. LOL.
Gotreat!
omg I really love being a gotrader. we do so many awesome things together and eat so many wonderful things. Well, I was there early, so I explored HMV abit while waiting. then… Medz was full of people ): Eventually, we ate a little at soup spoon and went for drinks at Gustimmo Di Roma. Hell I love Gustimmo. There’s ice cream, souffles, booze and just about everything awesome. I tried a margarita!! It’s nice leh! kinda like the type of mixed drinks I make at home but with crushed ice >8D and licking the rim of the cup was so much fun >8) Then my fellow gotraders surprised me with GOTRADE APPAREL. SERIOUSLY IT’S DAMN AWESOME. GOTRADE APPAREL. YOU KNOW IF GOTRADE IS SUCCESSFUL, ALL THE EMPLOYEES WOULD HAVE TO WEAR IT. AND I CAN BE SNARKY AND ALL “WHERE’S YOUR GOTRADE SHIRT? WHAT?! YOU FORGOT?! YOU CAN GO HOME NOW. YOU DON’T NEED TO COME TOMORROW” So overall, it was a freaking fun and cool outing. The only thing I love about being 18 is probably alcohol. lol.
and so. I shall go off to mug and go for dinner (AND MARGARITAS) with belly later ^^

